Welcome to Hopkins General Dentistry
Dentistry and Covid-19 Update
COVID-19 Update June 8, 2020
Did you know that the COVID-19 virus can live and stay suspended in the air for approximately 3 hours after a cough or sneeze? We are now “fogging” every treatment room, as well as the reception area, after each patient. We are fogging with hypochlorous acid (HOCL) which will kill and remove the virus from the air as well as from all surfaces. Hypochlorus acid is extremely safe, so safe that it is even used in eye drops.
“Fogging” is an additional measure we have taken at Hopkins Dentistry to assure your safety and the safety of our staff.
Our office reopened for all routine dental care on May 11, 2020. Please be assured that we are doing everything possible to assure your safety and well being, and the safety of our staff as well.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we can be up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be used. We adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
With this guidance in mind, you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We will be taking your temperature with an infrared no-touch thermometer.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Treatment rooms will be alternated between patients to allow for disinfecting and elimination of aerosols.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our office. To make an appointment, please call 727-733-1175.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Sincerely, Dr. Mike Hopkins and Team
Get Your Beautiful Smile Back
At Hopkins Dentistry, we take great pride in transforming your smile into one you can be proud of. Regardless of the cause, we restore any damage you may have incurred.
Our Services Include:
We Also Provide:
Cosmetic Dentistry in Dunedin
It doesn’t matter if you take great care of your teeth, sometimes cosmetic changes take place that can make you feel self-conscious about the way you look when you smile. At our dental offices, we can perform a number of cosmetic procedures to help you get the beautiful smile you deserve. We help you transform your smile with the help of
Our dental staff works closely with you to determine which treatments are the best option for you and will correct the issues you have with your teeth. Visit our Cosmetic Dentistry page to learn more.
Reconstructive Dentistry in Dunedin
Some people have more serious problems with their teeth and need to have their smile restored. Whether you’re missing one or two teeth or you have bigger problems, our professional staff can provide the care you need to get you smiling again.